Who: Fish n Chip Fryday organised by Sutton Coldfield Business Network
Meets: Aston Wood Golf Club (132 Blake St, Sutton Coldfield, B74 4EU)
When: (Usually) Third Friday of every month, 12pm-2.30pm
Formed: October 2010
Policy: Open to all. There is no one-seat-per-industry policy and all are welcome
Cost: £17.50 including a choice of meals, a drink, coffee and cake, plus the opportunity to network with many local business owners and decision makers
Fish n Chip Fryday is not your average networking group. For one thing, there’s no standing up and pitching your business in 60 seconds. It’s a much more relaxed social setting for networking, with time for working the room, getting to know the eight or so people sat around your table for lunch and some interesting talks from guest speakers.
The calibre of attendees is high and covers a cross section of industries from around the region, including Tamworth, Lichfield, Sutton Coldfield and Walsall. From financial services to large well-known local companies, there’s a valuable swag of contacts to be made.
This group has a lot going for it (apart from the yummy wine and food) and is a great setting for forming meaningful business relationships. Here are a few of my standout highlights of FNCF:
- A full room with 60 people in attendance
- A relaxed atmosphere, perfect for a Friday afternoon with no ’60-second’ pressure
- A genuine desire by attendees to see how they can help you in your business
- A list of contact details for all businesses in attendance which is a valuable tool for following up and generating leads
- No membership fees, you just pay whenever you’re free to turn up. You must book in advance though as it’s a very popular group and often full to capacity
For more information, or to give it a try for yourself, contact Anthony Levelle at email@example.com or Katie Hale at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/theTENnetwork/